Loading Shovel Operator
- Belfast, County Antrim
- 8.50 - 8.50 /
Our client based in Belfast is currently seeking an experienced loading shovel operator – to work in a Bulk materials handling store at Belfast. The store handles bulk products for animal feeds. No licence is required however the desirable candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience operating loading shovels.
This role involves loading out vehicles with various products to customer demand. Additionally, the job requires the receipt of materials by ship and the candidate will then assist in the discharging and storing of the bulk materials.
Pay Rate: £8.50 per hour
Overtime: Time and a half after 40 hours worked, Time and a half on a Saturday and double time on a Sunday
Hours: Average of 52 hours worked a week in 12 hour shifts (6am-6pm)
- Loading out & pushing up product
- Ensuring products are kept segregated
- Undertaking daily loading shovel checks
- Check collecting vehicles/trailers for cleanliness prior to loading
- Store cleaning as directed by foreman
- Cleaning of loading shovels, bucket attachments and handling equipment
- To assist the store foreman with the salmonella sampling of the products as per Cafeteria requirements.
- Recording cleaning on the correct records
- To undertake and share the main responsibilities of the site foreman during their absence.
- To undertake the duties and responsibilities of the weighbridge operator during their absence.
- 2 + years background in Construction using machinery such as diggers, loading shovels etc.
- Experience in operating loading shovels
- Experience operating weighbridge
- Experience operating a pusher blade
Ashton Recruitment is acting as an employment business