- Belfast, County Antrim
- 35000 - 40000 /
Due to high demand Ashton Recruitment is currently seeking a highly motivated Operations Manager for our client based in Belfast. This will start as a temporary position however if order levels continue to rise permanent positions may become available.
Position: Operations Manager
Duration: Temporary (Possibility of becoming permanent)
Rate of Pay: £35K – £40K per annum
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Take overall responsibility for the efficient dispatch of all goods. Liaise with customer support personnel and customers to ensure a full understanding of order requirements and ensure orders are dispatched correctly and in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement and oversee best practise warehouse procedures and work instructions for receiving product, picking/packing, equipment utilization, health and safety, stock management and general housekeeping.
- Recruiting, training, and communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, enforcing policies and procedures. Manage, motivate, train and continually develop the warehouse team.
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment by developing, implementing and overseeing maintenance schedules.Manage goods returns to the warehouse according to company procedure. Liaise effectively with customer support team to close off GRN’s.
- Monitor stock/supplies levels to ensure the business has optimum levels of both to meet current customer demand.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the CNC and Edge banding machines, produce best practice work instructions for the effective use of these machines and oversee the implementation of these work instructions. Take full responsibility for desk top production, from forecasting requirements and ordering raw materials to manufacturing and storage of product.
- Develop a full working knowledge of all products including usage and assembly.
- Participate in ongoing education to update professional and technical knowledge.
- Be willing and available for overtime as and when required.
- Ability to work under pressure, demonstrate resilience and understand the challenge of long term goals.
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities, have high standards and be capable of multi-tasking. Strong attention to detail – aiming for excellence in delivery
- High proficiency in using computers is essential.
- Knowledge/experience of joinery would be beneficial.
Ashton Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Business.