Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Position: HR Officer
enhanced holidays and pension
The HR Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective delivery of all HR aspects for this function, including employee relations, performance management, recruitment and training, payroll, working in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure excellent service is always provided to managers and employees, in a consistent manner.
- To actively promote and lead on a positive value-based environment.
- Maintain up-to-date and relevant knowledge of employment law in Northern Ireland.
- Provide excellent professional advice and support on all ER matters, including complex case management to include disciplinary and grievance.
- Support the management of employee relationships to support greater levels of employee engagement to achieve positive results.
- Support with creating and reviewing policy and procedure relevant to role.
- Build positive relationships with Managers, Employees and Unions.
- Effectively process and support with maternity, paternity, shared parental leave, flexible working, annual leave, and other employee relations processes.
- Ensure compliance with our Absence Management Policy and Process.
- Support with a professional and customer focused end-to-end recruitment process.
- Design and deliver effective and engaging training on key HR topics to managers. E.g., recruitment and selection, equality and diversity, absence management etc.
- Ensuring monthly pay sick pay calculations are accurate.
- Ensure a high level of accuracy and understanding of manipulating and presenting large amounts of data to report on key HR metrics.
- The willingness and ability to work flexibly to meet the requirement of the role.
- CIPD Qualification Level 5 and above (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 12 months experience within a HR generalist role.
- Experience of managing employee relations cases including disciplinary and grievance.
- Up-to-date and relevant knowledge of employment law in Northern Ireland
- Demonstratable experience of using HR software systems
- Experience of working in a similar / regulated environment
- Provide 2 satisfactory references, one being from the most recent employer.
- Hold a full current driving licence and have access to a car with business use insurance on appointment.
- This criterion will be waived in the case of a suitable application who has a disability which prohibits them from driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements to meet the requirements of the post
Annual Leave: 20 days leave (pro rata). This increases by 3 days after 5 years’ service.
Bank Holidays: 12 bank holidays.
Pension: An enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
Flexi Time: The ability to work flexibly (if the service provision is covered).
Agile Working: The option of working from home is available.
Occupational Sick Pay: Enhanced sick pay scheme that increases with service.
Westfield Health: Cashback health scheme and free and confidential 24-hour counselling service.
Cycle to Work: Benefiting from a reduced cost of a new bike & accessories whilst also spreading the cost.
37 Hours per week
Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm
Friday 9am – 4.30pm
The successful candidate will benefit from flexitime.
Ashton Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency.