Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Position: Payroll Administrator
Based at our office in Belfast City Centre, you will be an integral part of our Finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the weekly payroll of all agency staff, and will liaise with other team members, clients, and candidates to ensure payroll is processed within the required timeframe
Main duties and responsibilities.
- To ensure that all payrolls are processed within the required timeframe and to liaise with other teams on matters relating to payroll.
- Prepare, calculate, and process the weekly payroll in a timely, accurate, and confidential manner.
- Collate timesheets and other information which relates to payments
- Check that all documentation received is properly authorised
- Accurately create records for new employees
- Input data from timesheets and other documentation
- Undertake checks to ensure accuracy of input
- Calculating overtime, shift payments and pay increases for numerous client companies
- Ensure holiday pay requests are processed accurately and on time
- Calculate and input SSP, SMP and SPP in accordance with appropriate schemes and statutory regulations
- Taking ownership of pay and invoice queries and ensuring resolutions are delivered promptly
- Initiate and complete all documentation relating to terminations such as P45 tax form, pension forms where applicable
- Complete the weekly FPS, EPS, CIS and pension submissions, reconciliation of weekly payroll at year-end, and processing of relevant documentation.
- Reconcile sales daybook and run invoices.
- Run weekly payroll and invoice reports, reconcile with bank payments and file as per company procedures
- All administrative tasks associated with the payroll and invoice functions.
Skills, competencies, and experience.
- 1 years’ experience working within a busy payroll function OR a third level finance related qualification
- Excellent attention to detail as accuracy is vital
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to understand the need to follow established procedures
- Respect for confidential information
What you can expect from us.
- Salary £18,000 to £21,000 dependant on experience
- 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
- 1 hour lunch break each day, kitchen and comfortable lunch area provided
- 30 days holiday per annum including 10 statutory holidays rising 1 day per annum to a maximum of 35 days
- Auto enrolment into company pension
- Full on job training and support