Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Business Support Officer
Ashton Recruitment requires a Business Support Officer for our client based in Downpatrick
Position: Business Support Officer
Duration: Fixed term contract until 29/2/24 with a chance of extension
Rate of Pay: £12.02 per hour
Hours: 17.25 per week on 2 week rota basis
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- To be responsible to the Business Coordinator for the review, design, implementation, integration, and testing of all systems (manual and computerised), procedures and controls in the department and to assist with providing appropriate training.
- To assist in the use, maintenance, control and development of the various information and financial systems used within the department and to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of input data and reporting information.
- To supervise and be responsible for programming the workload and priorities of any assigned support staff in liaison with the Business Coordinator to ensure the business needs of the service are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- To assist the Business Coordinator in developing and implementing proper systems of financial and budgetary control within the service, in accordance with council’s Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and Accounting Manual policies and procedures.
- To assist the Business Coordinator with the preparation of the revenue and capital estimates and with the monthly budget monitoring, variance explanations and end of year forecasts, ensuring that appropriate corrective action is taken as required.
- To assist the Business Coordinator with the review and updating of the departmental risk register and risk action plans.
- Hold Grade C or above in at least 4 GCSE’s or equivalent, one of which must be GCSE English or equivalent and one of which must be a GCSE in a numerate subject or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 months previous work experience in a customer service role.
- A minimum of 6 months previous work experience in carrying out administrative duties which included typing of letters, reports and filing.
- Previous experience in Microsoft Office
- Experience in handling financial transactions and keeping records
- Previous experience in reception duties
Ashton Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Business