Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Environmental Health Officer (Lisburn Based)
Ashton Recruitment requires a Environmental Health Officer for our client based in Lisburn.
Job Title: Environmental Health Officer
Rate of pay: £18.81 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week – 9am – 5pm
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- To carry out the full range of enforcement, investigative, educational, promotional, consultative and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of the Environmental Services Department in accordance with any departmental work programmes which exist as required by the Environmental Health Managers.
- To act in the absence of the Environmental Health Manager as necessary and to deputise as directed.
- To provide information and assistance to members of the public, elected representatives and various statutory and non-statutory bodies. Participate in partnerships at a local and regional level aimed at tackling health inequalities and improving health and well-being within the community.
- In conjunction with the EHM determine the most appropriate course of legal or non-statutory action in line with the enforcement policy and to make recommendations as necessary. Prepare and serve legal notices, present prosecution cases and attend Court/other hearings/public enquiries/appeals as required.
- Develop guidance and written procedures to achieve continuous improvement in the quality of service. Contribute to the delivery of the unit business plan, and assist in the preparation of reports and recommendations for presentation to Council.
- Prioritise daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered. To carry out duties outside normal working hours as are necessary for the satisfactory efficient delivery of the Environmental Health Service, in accordance with an agreed policy on Lone Working.
- A third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in Environmental Health.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
- Six months’ relevant experience in a field directly related to Environmental Health.
- The ability to make effective use of I.T. systems and software packages.
- An awareness of political sensitivities and the ability to maintain an unbiased approach and a positive public relations image.
- It is essential that applicants hold a full (i.e. not provisional) and current UK driving licence and access to a car
Ashton Recruitment are acting as an Employment Business