Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Ashton Recruitment is recruiting a Finance Manager for our client based in Belfast.
Position: Finance Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £35,232 to £46,335 per annum
Location: Belfast (Hybrid)
Duties (but not limited to)
- To control and manage the monthly period – end closure procedures.
- Prepare the year – end financial statements including liaising with external advisors in the audit of same.
- To ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of recordings of all transactions in a controlled and properly authorized manner using appropriate checks and reconciliations designed to ensure accuracy and integrity of input and of the information provided to users of financial information.
- To ensure all monies due to the Organization are duly recovered and suppliers are paid within the credit terms set.
- Responsibility for monitoring cash flows and working capital requirements.
- To control and authorize all journal and other postings to the finance ledgers and ensure all sub ledgers are reconciled to the nominal ledger on a periodic basis.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and producing monthly balance sheet.
- To assist in the training of finance staff and to provide finance training for non-financial managers.
- To delegate and manage the workloads of direct reports ensuring efficient and accurate response and conduct formal supervision of staff on a 4-6-week cycle.
- To participate in the recruitment, induction, and socialization of new employees within the chain of command.
- Qualified Accountant and current member of one of the following recognized CCAB bodies: Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA)
- Demonstrate minimum 2 years’ experience at senior/supervisory level
- Demonstrate evidence of strong financial accounts and analysis experience
- Demonstrate experience of motivating and leading staff in a financial environment
- Demonstrate experience of use of computerized finance packages and experience in excel
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to translate thinking clearly to others
- Excelling numeracy skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to organize workload and that of direct reports to ensure service level agreements
- Project Management knowledge and experience
- Experience with charity accounting
- Experience gained within a large and complex financial setting
- Experience in operation and maintenance of a Fixed Asset Register
- Advanced Excel knowledge
Ashton Recruitment is acting as an employment agency.