Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Health and Safety Advisor
Ashton Recruitment require a Health and Safety Advisor for our client based in Belfast
Position: Health and Safety Advisor
Rate of Pay: £17.53 per hour
Hours of Work: 37 hours
Duties include (but not limited to):
- To provide professional technical advice, guidance, training and support as requested to all levels of the organisation and external partner organisations, on the interpretation and application of health and safety legislation as it applies to council employees, functions, buildings and any other third parties affected by council undertakings.
- To provide professional technical advice and support as requested on the range of health and safety assessments which are required by the council and external partner organisations.
- To undertake health and safety audits and inspections as requested within the council and external partner organisations to monitor compliance with the corporate health and safety strategy, policy and procedure, legislation and best practice, ensuring that the outcome of all reviews are documented in accordance with unit procedures and that where non-compliances are identified, timely corrective actions are recommended, and implementation progress monitored.
- To assist as requested with the preparation of continuous improvements and developments to the corporate health and safety strategy, policy and procedure.
- To review assigned accidents and incidents as requested and respond in accordance with unit procedures and relevant health and safety legislation, undertaking prompt site visits, accident investigations, reviews of working practices, preparation / submission of RIDDOR reports, reviews of accident history etc.
- To prepare evidence, witness statements and reports and to attend court as a witness, when required, in consultation with the Legal Services Unit.
Qualification, driving licence and experience
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms:
- have a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Health, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification;
- have a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland, and a car available for official business, or, access to a form of transport which enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full; and
- be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year’s relevant experience in a health and safety role, in each of the following three areas:
(a) providing advice on the application of health and safety legislation;
(b) conducting health and safety inspections, audits and accident investigations; and
(c) preparing and delivering health and safety training courses.
Ashton Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Business