Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Ashton Recruitment requires a Joiner for our client based in Belfast.
Job Title: Joiner
Rate of pay: £12.93 per hour
Hours: 37 per week
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- To carry out the full range of work associated with their particular trade.
- To carry out reactive and planned maintenance work in any council property.
- To work from working drawings supplied.
- To identify, order and collect required materials.
- To provide as required all job-costing and time-recording information.
- To participate in a 24-hour emergency callout service if so required.
- To participate in training as required.
- To assist in on-the-job coaching and training, for example, new employees, contractors and temporarily assigned apprentices and other relevant staff.
- To drive council vehicles as and when required.
- To erect and dismantle scaffolding as required which involves working at heights.
- To carry out all duties in compliance with Health and Safety at Work Legislation, CDM Legislation and Belfast City Council policies and procedures.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms:
- a) be a time-served Joiner or possess relevant qualifications, for example, City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2 Certificates in Craft and Advanced Craft in Carpentry and Joinery;
- b) possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland, or access to a form of transport which enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full ; and
- be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year’s relevant experience in each of the following two areas:
- c) working in a building maintenance environment; and
- d) undertaking benchwork and joinery repairs to commercial properties.
Ashton Recruitment are acting as an Employment Business