Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Ashton Recruitment are recruiting for a Project Engineer for our client based in Cookstown. The Project Engineer will be required to plan, forecast, resource and manage delivery activities to ensure projects are completed on time.
Position: Project Engineer
Location: Cookstown, Co. Tyrone
(The postholder may be required to travel to ensure that the needs of the business are met).
Salary: £30,000 – £41,000 per annum
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Work with the Commercial Team to draw up individual project plans and budgets and ensure milestones are being met.
- Source suppliers based on the bill of materials and engineering specifications provided. Liaising with design engineers on suitable alternatives/variations when required.
- Purchase equipment and subcontracts ensuring compliance to budget and company procedures.
- Distribute documentation and drawings to subcontractors to ensure the correct revision is available for fabrication or assembly.
- Regular visits to Subcontractors premises to co-ordinate and review production. Liaising with design team to ensure specifications are met and quality checks carried out prior to handover.
- Ensure FAT tests/quality checks are performed, documented and snags cleared prior to products leaving for site.
- Co-ordinate site preparation activities to include site surveys, haulage requirements, health & safety documentation, lifting equipment, labour resources, commissioning, testing, and client handover.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned projects, following the document control process.
- Cooperate and communicate with clients and other project participants to interpret their needs and requirements and present solutions/options on an ongoing basis.
- Contract management including producing and responding to compensation events, early warning notices and compensation quotes.
- Provide the finance team with reports on invoicing and extra costs associated with the project.
- Manage on site H&S, Environmental and Quality – working alongside the company SHEQ coordinator.
- Manage overall quality control of project and report as required on project status.
- Minimum 2:2 Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineering or a closely related subject).
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience in a similar role.
- A full current driving licence and access to a car. Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a licence.
- Proficient in MS Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, Project.
- Experience in working in water and wastewater industry.
- NEC Contractual awareness.
- Experience working in fabrication environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable as the role will involve travel, the majority of which will be in the UK and Ireland.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Ashton Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency.