Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Qualified/Part-Qualified Accountant (Practice)
Ashton Recruitment require a Qualified/Part-Qualified Accountant for our busy client based in Downpatrick.
Position: Qualified/Part-Qualified Accountant (Practice)
Rate of Pay: £28,000-£40,000 per annum
Hours of Work: Full time Monday-Friday (Flexible Working)
Duties include (but not limited to):
You will be responsible for the preparation of year end accounts and tax compliance for a range of clients including limited companies, sole traders, and partnerships from a variety of industries.
This role will see you work within a team, and you will gain exposure to both corporate and personal tax and Vat compliance.
Often you will be required to liaise with clients via email and telephone daily working with cloud-based accountancy programmes.
This role will also see you delegate and review the work of junior team members and ensure deadlines are worked to.
This job will offer the successful candidate a breadth of experience in several different areas. Specific roles and responsibilities may include:
- Management accounts
- Preparing Budgets and Forecasting
- Transactional processing
- Balance Sheet & Bank Reconciliation
- Completion of personal and corporate tax returns
- Completion of VAT returns
- Use and postings on cloud-based accounting programmes
- Ensuring UK Tax compliance
- Year/Period end preparation.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Accountant ideally within tax accounting
- ACCA/ACA qualified or part qualified
- A driven and ambitious attitude- this role offers tremendous potential for career progression and development.
- Working within an accountancy office experience is essential- ideally within general tax and accounting.
- Good analytic and organisation skills.
- A good user of various IT packages and be able to pick up new ways of working quickly and with ease.
- Communication is key in this role as you will liaise with both colleagues and clients alike.
Ashton Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency.
The firm are offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes study support for those studying as well as the opportunity to work within a dynamic and supportive environment.
A pension, private medical cover option and flexible working are also included.