Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Monday – Friday
Ashton Recruitment require a Quantity Surveyor our client based in Belfast.
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Rate of Pay: Competitive based on experience
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday
Due to continued growth, my client requires a number of quantity surveyor (at all levels) to join the team in their Belfast office to work on major construction projects across the UK and Ireland. This is an opportunity to build on your experience to date by working on high-profile public sector projects, alongside senior construction professionals with 25 years + experience.
Duties (Not limited to)
- Prepare the tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, with the architect and the client.
- Engage existing supply chain.
- Select subcontractors, agree the scope of services and allocate work.
- Monitor and control costs throughout the project.
- Identify risks surrounding the project and the likelihood of cost variation.
- Track any changes to the design or actual work and adjust budget projections.
- Value completed work and arrange payments to subcontractors.
- Analyse progress and write detailed reports.
- Liaise between site managers, project managers, site engineers and the client.
- Prepare summary reports for the client and other relevant stakeholders.
- Run cost analyses for ongoing repair and maintenance work.
- Advise on any outstanding contractual claims remaining.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 3 years post qualified experience in a similar role
- Degree in a related field preferably with RICS Chartered Status
- Experience in cost management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Established capability in report writing
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary design team in a client facing role
- Track record of leading on decision making within project delivery
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and B/Q Software (e.g.) Q-Script (or similar)
- Competent in contract administration duties (JCT/NEC etc.)