Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Renewable Energy Engineer
Position: Renewable Energy Engineer
Ashton Recruitment are looking for a Renewable Energy Engineer to join their client based in Belfast.
Job: Renewable Energy Engineer
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Location: Belfast (with travel throughout NI and ROI)
We require a Renewable Energy Engineer with 5 to 10 years post-graduation relevant experience to join our busy client in Belfast. Your role will be to deliver the renewable and electrical elements of renewable energy projects, contracts, and other innovative energy areas we are working in as required. You will be required to integrate into the existing team and be mainly based in Belfast and willing to travel within Ireland.
Duties (Not limited to):
· The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
· Compliance with Health & Safety and CDM Regulations ensuring that all design and installation relating to H&S and CDM legislation are complied with. Ensure all aspects of the Design Works instructions and contract scope are implemented. Ensure all designs and works are undertaken in accordance with relevant Electrical Regulations and Codes of Practice as appropriate,
· Compliance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
· Contribute to the production of the renewable energy/electrical element of the Client/Contractors tender, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous.
· Ensure the renewable energy/electrical design has been developed on the Project with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to the construction phase. Ensure compliance with ESB Networks Distribution Code and National Code of Practice
· Ensure compliance with NIE Guidelines for Connection of Embedded Generation
· Ensure compliance with relevant Codes of Practice for Grid Connected Renewable Energy Systems
· Ensure the project team are working to the agreed Contractors Proposals.
· Provide guidance to the project team on renewable energy systems/Electrical related issues.
· Liaise with their Project Principal to coordinate resource requirements and reporting on project performance.
· Relevant qualification in Renewable Energy Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· Previous experience of multidiscipline projects including Renewable energy projects, LV, MV systems with knowledge of integration/co-ordination with these systems.
· Knowledge and experience with Energy related projects including BESS, Peaker Plants, solar PV and wind an advantage.
· Proficient in the use AutoCAD.
· Understanding of ESB and NIE distribution networks in terms of the limitations on supply and generation capacity.
· Able to undertake electrical surveys of existing facilities to determine requirements and suitability for additional renewable generation and export
· Ability to populate electrical design inputs to Amtec (or similar) for electrical design , schedules and schematic drawings
· Knowledge in Analytical instrumentation, PLC and SCADA systems would be beneficial.
· Experience of delivering renewable energy systems/ electrical support to the construction and operational teams.
· Ability to successfully implement, maintain and ensure compliance of Health & Safety legislation.
· Experience of working with various site team members, and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Fully flexible regarding travel, prepared to travel to site locations within NI and Ireland.
· Full valid clean driving licence.
· Degree or equivalent qualification in Renewable Energy Engineering/ Electrical Engineering
· CSR/CSCS Qualification or equivalent.
· Membership of one or more associated professional institutes.
· BIM or other equivalent software
· Experience of NICIEC 18th Addition and Sparksafe
· Experience of National Rules for Electrical Installations Ireland
· Experience of ESB Networks Distribution Code and National Code of Practice
· Experience of NIE Guidelines for Connection of Embedded Generation
· Experience of relevant Codes of Practice for Grid Connected Renewable Energy Systems
Ashton Recruitment are acting as an Employment Agency