Upload your CV
By submitting your CV you are agreeing to our terms and conditions to Ashton Recruitment.
Our client based in Belfast Harbour is currently hiring Shunter Drivers to work on their sites around the port. This position will be full time with a view of becoming permanent after 12 weeks probationary period. As Belfast Harbour is in operation 24/7 you will work four, 12 hour shifts per week. Please see below for the two shifts available.
Position: Shunter Drivers
Location: Belfast Harbour
Duration: Temporary to Permanent
Rate of Pay: £12.60 per hour
Overtime: £15.05 per hour (After 44 hours)
Hours of Work: Two Shifts available (Once you are on one you will stay on that shift)
Wednesday to Sunday, 7am to 7pm (1 day off between Wednesday & Sunday)
Off on Monday & Tuesdays every week
Saturday to Wednesday, 7am to 7pm (1 day off between Saturday & Wednesday)
Off on Thursday & Fridays every week
Applicants would need to be flexible with client working hours as they may be required to work overtime during busy periods.
Benefits: Free on-site car parking, over time available, pension and holiday contributions, PPE Supplied
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Transporting containers to and from sites.
- Inspecting vehicles and trailers.
- Ensuring the safe movement of large vehicles and trailers around Belfast Harbour
- Adhering to strict health and safety guidelines.
- Coupling and uncoupling trailers.
- All other duties as required by the client.
- Valid HGV 1 Licence OR Shunter Certificate
- Previous HGV/ Shunting experience
Ashton Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Business.